Poofin Privacy Statement
If you are under 18, please be sure to read this policy with your parents and ask questions about things you do not understand. We strongly recommend that minors ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
What information do we collect?
Poofin collects two types of information from you: personally identifiable information and general information. “Personally identifiable information” refers to information that identifies a particular individual, such as the individual's name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number. “General information” refers to non-personal information that cannot identify a particular individual.
Poofin only collects personally identifiable information that has come directly and voluntarily from you. Typically, this information includes your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number. We may also collect information such as gender, age, school, and personal interests, which we may associate with personal identifiable information. Additionally, if you purchase products through our website, we may collect credit card and billing information. We may collect personal information when you register on, log on, or visit our website, including when you participate in activities on our website, such as sweepstakes, contests, games, and informational and promotional offers, and when you provide information to our customer service representatives. Finally, our website may offer message boards, conversation pages, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other public forums, as well as other features in which you may provide us with personally identifiable information. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by a third party.
What are cookies and do we use them?
Cookies are small files containing pieces of information that we place on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enable websites and/or service provider systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to disable all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
What do we use your information for?
Personally identifiable and/or general information we collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- Personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- Improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- Process transactions: We may use personal information to fulfill the purpose for which such personal information was provided (e.g., to fulfill your purchase or other transaction). Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- Testimonials: Testimonials are used to show benefits to certain products or programs Poofin offers. Poofin always seeks consent prior to posting any testimonial in which personally identifiable information is included.
- Contests and Surveys: We may occasionally request personal information through surveys, contests, or promotions. Participation in these activities is completely voluntary. The personal information collected is used only for purposes of improving user satisfaction with Poofin products and services, or in some cases, to notify winners and to deliver prizes. No personal information collected through these means is shared with or available to other third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
- Reminder Service: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, or similar such information.
Do we disclose information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. However, we may disclose potentially personally identifiable information to our employees, contractors and selected contributors who assist in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing customer service, once a confidentiality agreement is in place that prohibits them from using or disclosing your information. Poofin will not knowingly disclose your personal information to other third parties unless required to do so, such as in order to comply with any law, regulation, or valid legal process, or if necessary or appropriate to address an unlawful or harmful activity. Please note that general non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
How do we protect your uploaded images?
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
This policy was last modified on December 13, 2010
Note to parents and guardians:
Poofin has designed its website to be an enjoyable experience for children (and adults) of all ages. Poofin recognizes that some younger children may not understand some of the information contained on the website or how the site operates. That is the purpose of this Privacy Statement. Please discuss this statement with your children so that they will better understand how to use the site and the information they may be asked to provide. Poofin strongly believes that providing its visitors with accurate and adequate notice about the website will lead to informed choices and decisions about how to use the site, as well as protect its users’ privacy. If you have any questions or comments about our policy, please contact us using the Contact Information provided below.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Poofin adheres to and is in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA requires that we inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age; and that we obtain the consent of parents and legal guardians in order for children under 13 years of age to use certain features of our website.
What information do we collect from children?
Children, including those under the age of 13, may access our website and view content without any personal information being collected. We do not collect personal information online from children under 13 without their parent’s consent except in special, limited circumstances.
Poofin might collect an e-mail address and first name (or screen name) from a child under 13 without a parent or guardian’s consent online, but only in the following special cases:
- If a user, including a user under the age of 13, sends a request to us, we keep their e-mail address long enough to respond to them. Poofin deletes this information from our system after we respond. If we offer an e-mail newsletter or other activity which requires multiple online contact with a child, we will ask for the child’s e-mail address and first name, and also ask the child for a parent’s e-mail address so we can notify their parent or guardian to provide them with the opportunity to opt out. If the parent or guardian no longer wants their child to participate in an e-mail newsletter, simply follow the instructions in the newsletter to unsubscribe.
- Occasionally, Poofin has special site activities or promotions, like sweepstakes or contests, which are open to children even if they are under 13. We do not ask for more information from the child than is necessary for the child to participate in the activity.
In the latter situation, we require children to give us their parent or guardian’s e-mail address also, so that we can tell him or her that the child has registered in a promotion or for a service. If we need more than an e-mail address and first name (or screen name) to enter the child in the promotion or offer the service, we will notify the parent or guardian, explain what information we need and why, and generally ask that the parent or guardian (not your child) provide it. For instance, we might ask you for a mailing address so that we can send to the parent or guardian, for their child, any prizes the child wins, or for the parent or guardian’s telephone number so that we can tell you when the child has won. Any information a parent or child gives us in the above special circumstances will be removed from our marketing database once the promotion, program or activity is concluded, and after any legally required period for keeping such information is complete.
Additionally, we collect birth dates in order to validate the ages of our website’s users, including children under 13. Note that all websites that are directed to children under 13 are prohibited by law from conditioning a child’s participation in an online activity on the child’s providing more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Children under 13 may not use certain features of our website, including posting on message boards, uploading photos, and other similar activities. When a user attempts to access this section of our website, we collect birthdates in order to determine whether a website user is over 13 years old and require the user to actively verify that they are over 13 years old.
How do we use and share the personally identifiable information that we have collected about children?
Except as described in this policy, we never share personal information that we receive online from children under 13 with other companies. We may share a child’s personal information with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to: protect the security and integrity of our site; to take precautions against liability; to respond to judicial process; or to the extent permitted under provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
2822 Central St
Evanston, IL 60201
Last Updated: December 13, 2010